Sociable

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Polar bear project done!

As much as I tried they didn't come out at all the same they are all individual bears! Which is good they don't go in groups in nature only to raise baby polar bears then it is just mom and baby.They were interesting to make. If I were to make more of these critters or others in the book I would use velveteen for the feet and ears.The leather was difficult to work with on a sewing machine or by hand. And I would use a larger size chenille even doubled this was a bit on the skinny side but I got it for a dollar a pound so I can't complain. On to spinning fiber for the next project.  I am glad I had a rug loom to weave this on it really needed the heavy beat.